The STEP to JT CADverter is a STEP processor supporting STEP AP203/214 data and converting that into the JT file format, as used by the EDS PLM VisMockUp Visualisation product. It enables the user to convert all forms of 3 Dimensional Mechanical Design Geometry and Assembly data, together with system defined attribute information and colour information, between these two systems.
It can be invoked in either an interactive or batch mode. The command line interface allows the conversion process to be integrated into any process oriented operation e.g. create a JT representation of the data while saving the data to a Data Vault. Alternatively the conversion process may be operated by using a standard Graphical User Interface. This allows casual users to make effective use of the product without needing to remember complex command syntax.
This product reads the STEP data without use of a CAD license and runs in a Windows or Unix environment.
To improve the performance of an overall conversion process, the user may select a subset of the input STEP data to be processed. Allowing the conversion process to operate on only those items that are of specific interest to the user.
STEP AP203 to JT MAIN FEATURES
- Converts all types of geometry, wire frame, surfaces, trimmed surfaces (faces) and solid models.
- Converts assembly structure between the systems.
- Converts attribute data including colour and layer information.
- The conversion process can be run Interactively or in Batch mode.
- Command line interface allows process integration.
- Data can be filtered by layer and entity type during processing.
- Geometry can be filtered and selectively processed.
STEP AP203 to JT BENEFITS
- Reduce costs due to processing time and increase overall conversion success levels by filtering input data and focusing the conversion to only those elements required.
- Reduce costs and risks associated to accessing the wrong version of data by integrating the conversion process into all related business processes.
- With over 15 years industrial use CADverters robustness and quality is well proven, reducing your business risk.
Click here for more STEP AP203 / JT information